Our Defect Diagnosis Reports consider a specific problem (or a small number of problems) and advise on their cause and significance.
We will indicate whether we consider them to be historic and nothing to worry about or whether they are more recent and a potential concern.
Default Diagnosis Reports
The mortgage Valuation or Homebuyer Report on your new home has identified a defect, or a small number of defects, for which you need to obtain additional advice. Alternatively you have lived in your house for some time but have recently noted signs of deterioration or damage.
Typical defects include:
- Structural movement and Subsidence
- Dampness, timber decay or condensation
- Defective roof coverings or other external finishes
- Bowed or overloaded roofs or other structural parts
- Previous alterations including walls or chimneys that have been removed
- Compliance of loft or other alterations with regulations
- And other matters
If necessary we also advise on any further investigations or remedial works that may be needed together with providing an estimate as to the probable cost of such repairs.
David Beaumont & Associates
Chartered Building Surveyors
39 Central Avenue
Leicestershire LE18 2AB
0116 281 2865
David Beaumont & Associates is a trading name of D B & A Limited
Registered Office at 3 Leicester Road, Oadby, Leicester Leicestershire LE2 5BD
Incorporated in England and Wales. Registered No: 4190564